Thursday 23 February 2012

Photoshop





To create the various posters and digipack Adobe Photoshop CS4 was used as well as Adobe Illustrator both these programmes are well known pieces of software which meant lots of people could help as I had little knowledge of either. The software allowed me to manipulate the images and mix graphics such as the band name “synergy” with the JPEG images. The use of layers in Photoshop allows individual aspects of the product to be adjusted and fine tuned, the background consists of light leaks through the colour which creates a good effect it also reflects the set design with the hanging bulbs, at AS level I doubt I would have thought about the design on the same level, I would have just tried to create something that looks cool and not have a deeper meaning. Also the image of the band was edited slightly after I used the lasso tool to crop them out of the original white background, a black and white effect was applied to the layer they were on. The photo shoot helped me to greatly improve my Photoshop skills and also setting up the shoot with the digital technologies in order to create a high quality final product.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment